A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Today on the PowerScripting Podcast we have MVP Systems in the house to talk about JAMS. And we have a TON of news from PDC to report!
Want to make Windows PowerShell easier than ever to learn and master? Checkout Idera’s PowerShellPlus Professional Edition which is now available for download! The new version has vastly improved code completion and a slick interactive Learning Center. Go to www.idera.com/PodcastPeople to get your copy today!
- Wow! Were do we start? How about 574 cmdlets
- Rumor: IBM will be providing cmdlets for hardware management
- Powershell will be installed by default on Windows Server 2008 R2 and W7
- TechEd Barcelona is coming up next week and several MVPs will be there
- meson : ## What is the cost of the product or what is the customer base small/middle/enterprise/etc?
- glnsize : ##are these task’s or is there an agent
- trac3r726 : ## Any Reporting with charts for Management?
- glnsize : ## soon to be psremoting/wsman?
- ## any way to send jobs to run on server core, perhaps for speed/reliability?
- rfoust : ## how does saasmonitor scale?
- rfoust : ## can it integrate w/ existing monitoring for a central dashboard?
- rfoust : ## can you do user-experience monitoring, like adding a jmeter script or something?
- 10 Cool Things to do with the Powershell (12 min video) - This demo shows some of the neat things you can do with PowerShell with regards to server administration. There are 10 demos you can run through ranging from simple queries for services to enumerating information in Active Directory. Some of the scripts use lists of computers, some prompt for a computername. Each script shows a different thing you can do with PowerShell to quickly create administration scripts.
- Precision Computing – Introduction to PowerShell Presentation
- PowerShell Code Repository – Compare-AD - A set of functions (and sample code using them) to create snapshots of user accounts in the current Active Directory domain save them in an xml file, and then compare live AD environment against that XML
- VMware: VI Toolkit (for Windows): Not Another Suite of Scripts!
- PoshRSS - is a web application for creating RSS feeds from PowerShell. The output of any PowerShell command/script is displayed as an RSS feed. The primary goal of PoshRSS is to provide system administrations the ability to leverage PowerShell + RSS to aggregate system information across many systems.
Don’t forget our challenge from last week. If you submit a solution, we’ll feature it on the show and the website, and you’ll get a little something for your trouble. :) Here is the email from Dale which we forgot to put in last week’s show notes: