A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast we talk to Jeff Atwood about technical communities, ServerFault, and StackOverflow
- Don’t miss the Seattle Script Club this Thursday the 19th. Watch the PowerShell team blog where the slide deck and maybe a video will be posted afterwards. Focus will be building graphs with Visifire and WPK.
- Project Onyx finally has a public alpha (also see Al Renouf’s blog post)
- PowerShell V2 is supported for Exchange 2007 SP2
- TechMentor 2010 is now open for registration, and they have a PowerShell track.
- PowerShell Help 2.0 Community Edition has been released by SAPIEN
This segment is brought to you by SAPIEN Technologies.
- your background
- Why come up with a new type of Q&A site?
- what have you learned so far?
- tech challenges
- SO vs SF (and the rest). I expect to spend quite a bit of time here, to be sure that my listeners, the majority of which are admins, understand where PowerShell questions fit, given that it _is_ a computer language.
- Who is Rock Hard Awesome?
- Rich Siddaway has a script that shows you how to create a scheduled task to clear your temp files using the TaskScheduler module from the PowerShellPack. Rich also has a follow-up article where he goes into more depth on the cmdlets included in the TaskScheduler module.
- Klaus Graefensteiner has a script for un-installing products by name
- Creating word clouds with PowerShell and PowerPoint from James O’Neill
- MVP Joel Bennett tells how to sign PowerShell scripts automatically
- How do I turn windows features on or off using powershell?
- Ed Wilson gives us a great post showing how to use web services from PowerShell
- Steve Murawski posted a script to pull tables out of Crystal Reports
- powershell v2 remoting – How do you enable unecrypted traffic