A Podcast about Windows PowerShell.
In This Episode
Tonight on the PowerScripting Podcast, we have tips and resources!
Execute commands and scripts from anywhere including the office and remote locations, as well as from a Web browser or smart phone with PowerGUI Pro from Quest Software. With the MobileShell feature, administrators can quickly run commands to troubleshoot problems or make changes, even when away from your desk! This gives teams more flexibility to work remotely while traveling, and to leverage admins from other offices in case of an emergency.
· Execute queries remotely to determine if services or processes are running
· Restart services, processes, or entire servers
· Check mailbox settings
· Unlock user accounts
· Reset passwords
· Run custom scripts
Visit quest.com/powerguipro and see why PowerShell and Quest PowerGUI are the ultimate Windows management tools.
- Quest’s PowerGui Challenge 2010 starts Oct 15th 15th.
- Quest has release beta cmdlets for vWorkspace
- User Group News
- Latest PowerShell-related Codeplex releases:
This segment brought to you by ServerFault.com
- The Scripting Guys guest blogger Niklas Goude has some great articles on automating SharePoint:
- Here is Jonathan Medd’s slide deck on Remoting
- Keith Hill shows us how to wrap a PowerShell script in an EXE
- Mike tells us why to use set-strictmode
- PowerShell for .NET Developers by Doug Finke
- Tab expansion with #
- Forcing a collection @(script block)
- Hal talks about using SVN to keep track of your scripts with the web service Unfuddle.com and TortiseSVN
If you would like to be entered to win a copy of Lee Holmes’ PowerShell Cookbook, 2nd Ed., all you have to do is send in your PowerShell tips! We want to hear what YOU think is cool, or what you have in your profile, or some of your favorite one-liners! Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell a friend! We have FIVE copies to give away. Contest ends September 30th, or October 7th, depending on our mood and the wind speed when we next record the show.